Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Sad Weekend...

We lost my Uncle Jack this weekend. The memorial service today was very moving. Casey gave the eulogy and I don't know if I've ever been prouder of him - he did such a wonderful job of capturing Uncle Jack's personality. We will miss him so much, but can't wait to see him again in Glory.
This has been the first opportunity we've had to talk much about death with Levi and that's been emotional, but so special to me. We talked about Uncle Jack's mansion in Heaven and Levi wanted to know if it would be near ours. I promised him we'd all be in the same neighborhood - it's Heaven, right?

4 comments:

Meredith said...

That is so sweet.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Shannon said...

Thanks, Meredith. I thought it was sweet of him since Uncle Jack lived about 2 hours away and we didn't get to see him as often as we would've liked. The preacher even mentioned it in the service which I thought was really kind of him:)

Anonymous said...

Oh Shannon, I'm so sorry for YOUR loss and rejoicing at his. What a vivid reminder of the hope we have in Jesus!

I will be praying for your aunt and her family. What a tender time for them all.

~D

Shannon said...

Thank you for your prayers, Dawn. It is so good to know where he is and how good he must feel.