My good friend Lesley took this picture of Christian. I just love it.
I am not good with resolutions. Big, sweeping changes just don't happen all of a sudden because it's January. And yet this is a good time of year to look forward and set goals. It helps me to post them on here so I can find them in a few months!
My original Things I Want To Do list was incredibly long, so I decided to divide them up by what role they fall under (wife, mama, etc) and limit myself to just a few per role.
To do for my self...
- do an in-depth study of Proverbs 31 (I'd like to do something like Monica's Crafter's Walk Through Proverbs 31 as well)
- start doing TTapp for exercise (I tried it for awhile in the fall and loved it, but it was too hard to hold the book open while exercising! I'm spending a little Christmas money on a video)
- read 12 books for fun (in addition to all the "have to" books, which I enjoy, this will be the Grace Livingston Hill novels and Gone With the Wind and so forth and so on...I can't wait!)
To do as a wife....
- plan a date night with Casey every month, even if it's just a park the kids in front of a movie and eat a nice dinner in the peace and quiet kind of date.
- write Casey more notes and letters
- have more fun
- plan a short trip for our anniversary (15 years!)
To do as a mom...
- plan more family fun (short trips and family nights)
- teach Christian to sit in church with us like a big kid
- work on my attitude (I may never control my frustration perfectly, but I'd like to do better this year than I did last year)
To do as a homeschooler....
- go to a convention
- get our year end reports in order
- work with Brenna on her reading without either of us getting stressed
To do as a homemaker...