Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday - time to check in

I actually didn't weigh myself this morning. As of Friday I hadn't lost any weight, but I can tell a little difference in the way my khakis fit:) I've been sticking with my original goals (except the coconut oil - forgot it at the grocery store!) and I think I'm ready to add in a little more.
1. a walk every day except Sunday - I'm going to try to head out alone right after Casey gets home while it's still pretty cool, but if I have to I can walk around the yard while the kids are playing. Jack loves the walker now that the grass has come in a little:)
2. start pilates again a couple of nights a week. I always sleep so well if I do this workout before bed, and that brings me to...
3. Go to sleep earlier. Ideally, I'd like to be asleep by 11:30. But Jack's going to have to stop waking up at 1 (and 3 and 5 - what's the deal?!?).
So hopefully after a few weeks these will all be second nature. My aunt and uncle are doing a very interesting sounding 3 day on/ 4day off diet that I may look into when I can start "dieting" just to speed this process along. But I'm trying really hard to focus on being healthy and not so much on being thin. Sure is hard though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannalou, You're doing so well. I am thrilled for you. There's a lot to be said for loose khakis. :)

Check your library for Leslie Sansone. In small doses I'm cool with her. (She's into walking in your home.)[In large doses, I could become ...dangerous.] I found her to be a life saver when it came to walking, though. I could walk regardless of the weather - WITH CHILDREN ALL AROUND MY FEET! (And there's TONS to be said for that!) :)

Shannon said...

walk regardless of the weather - WITH CHILDREN ALL AROUND MY FEET! (And there's TONS to be said for that!) :)

Dawn - That sounds perfect! I will definitley be checking that out!

Anonymous said...

Now, when you hit a Leslie overload, PLEASE no threats in my inbox, ok?? :)