Friday, February 18, 2005

A mommy victory!

Brenna went to sleep tonight on time and in her bed! It's been such a struggle with her since Casey went to night shift to get her to sleep anywhere but in my arms. I'm thinking that might possibly have a little something to do with a mommy who likes to sit on the couch and hold a sleeping baby girl:) But that wasn't going to work so I had to "retrain" her (for lack of a better word) to sleep on her own. I'm actually a big believer in nursing to sleep and cosleeping and all that good attatchment parenting kind of stuff - to a point. But there comes a time when they need to learn to sleep in their own beds and with Brenna that time is now! We had a couple of rough nights when I stayed with her for a loooong (so it seemed) time before she fell asleep. But tonight I nursed her, said prayers and laid her in her bed. Then she smiled and fell asleep:) This is the kind of thing that the Newsweek article we've all been taking about failed to mention. The times that your heart just swells with absolute joy at this little person in your life. The times when you feel like you're doing something, by the grace of God, that is so right.

No comments: