Wednesday, July 19, 2006

July 19 WFMW

I love Works for Me Wednesday!

This is something that millions of other people have probably already figured out but ... We had a serious stuffed animal storage issue going on. The kids have lots of beautiful stuffed toys and they love to play with them so getting rid of them wasn't really an option for me. I had to have something high enough that they couldn't pull them down on there own (I let them pick which ones to keep out for the week). And I didn't have a free corner to hang one of those cool nets that they sell for this very purpose - also they didn't really go with the decor (which is a lovely princess theme that you can't see in this picture). So we took three cup hooks and threaded through about 4 yards of leftover tulle from someone's wedding. It looks a little lopsided in the picture, but it's usually quite pretty. Brenna calls them her animal clouds:) Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT idea - and I love the name! :)

Dawn C :@

Anonymous said...

What a good idea! Decorative AND functional.
"Animal Clouds" - Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Very neat idea! And my daughters room will soon be turned into a princess theme! Very cool!

Shannon said...

Brenna loves it. And since I hang pictures pretty low in the kids' rooms, it helps fill in some space at the tops of the walls.

amelia said...

Animal clouds! I love it! Also love that they get to pick their toys to have down for the week.

Overwhelmed! said...

Nice! If only I had seen this idea before I bought a jumbo toy net from Babies R Us. Your solution is much prettier!

I've posted a WFMW tip as well. Stop by and take a peek. :)

Anonymous said...

that is too cute..I will have to do that...the nets from the stores never really work. I am going to have to try this in Kylie's room.....I don't know about the boys...lol...I"ll have to figure out something boyish for them! :)

Stephanie said...

That's exactly what I needed! I've been trying to figure out a way to hang stuffed animals and no luck. And I didn't want to buy that net from the store! :)

Mama Duck said...

We have some pet nets in our little guy's room, it's so nice to keep them all contained ;).

Kristen said...

LOL--Shannon, at first I thought you wrote "stuffed animal SHORTAGE." I thought, gosh, they seem to have plenty to me! (Duh.)

Shannon said...

Shortage? No we have PLENTY! :) You just wait til Baby Firth starts accumulating bears and bunnies and froggies and monkeys and on and on and on:) As a matter a fact can I bring you some so you can start getting a feel for it now?:)