Sunday, April 10, 2005

Here's something else I've been thinking about...

I'm not doing a very good job taking care of myself lately. At all. I've gained weight. I had gestational diabetes while I was pregnant last time. My immune system is so drained that I got an infection I could not shake after Christmas and (after three months of trying to hold out) finally had to stop nursing my daughter because of it. And I'm a little anemic. Plus a lot of my hair fell out after my babies were born and it's growing back in, but now it wants to stick up funny. No one tells you about that when you're trying to have a baby. So anyway I've been moping around whining about not feeling good a lot lately and I've tried doing something about it off and on. I take excellent care of my family's health - I see to it that my kids get enough rest, enough exercise, enough of all the right foods and not much of all the wrong ones. So it shouldn't be so hard to do the same for myself right? Right. Except I eat things like the crust from peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and all the leftover mac-n-cheese. And I never sleep. And exercise? Could we just not go there?
So - new plan. I'm going to start taking care of my kid's mom. Real, actual nutrious meals for me, too. Exercise that includes me moving, not just watching my son run circles around me:) And sleep. By whatever means neccessary! Even if that means (gasp) the kids have to sleep in their own beds!
We'll see how it goes.

No comments: