Sunday, April 08, 2007

Woman, why do you weep?


But Mary stood outside of the tomb, weeping. And as she wept, she stooped down into the tomb.
And she saw two angels in white sitting there, the one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
And they said to her, Woman, why do you weep? She said to them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.
And when she had said this, she turned backward and saw Jesus standing, but she did not know that it was Jesus.
Jesus said to her, Woman, why do you weep? Whom do you seek? Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said to Him, Sir, if you have carried Him away from here, tell me where you have laid Him and I will take Him away.
Jesus said to her, Mary! She turned herself and said to Him, Rabboni! (which is to say, Master!) (John 20:11-16)



We have had the most wonderful Easter season. The Easter tree, passover communion at church, watching a passion play at a local church...our attention has been so focused on Christ this year and I am so grateful! So grateful that I am not even moping over the fact that the kiddies were to sick to go to church this morning! Even with having to miss church, this Easter has been so incredibly much better than last year!

The passion play we went to Friday night was truly wonderful. I did forget my tissues, though, when in actuality I needed a roll of paper towels! We also watched The Passion of the Christ on Saturday. I try to watch it every year -it's such an incredible reminder of all He suffered for me. But this year both the play and the movie left me with a slightly unfinished feeling until I realized what was missing - the most important part! The true Easter story is the story of the empty tomb! I don't mean that the road to the cross isn't important, it certainly is! But the heart of the story is that He arose! Can we imagine the grief Mary must have felt at the tomb - her teacher, her Savior, not only dead but tortured and hung on a cross? And now to find His body gone? But then to see for herself that HE AROSE! That He WAS and IS CHRIST the KING, SON of GOD! That's joy we should know well! I hope you're all having an incredible Easter and basking in His love!

No comments: