Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Progress on the Downstairs

Casey has really gotten a lot done already. We had to wait for the air conditioning unit to get here since the whole plan hinged on whether or not we could get a deal on it. We bought it directly from the manufacturer - there's a plant here in town - and saved a ton!

This is the new closet in the big bedroom downstairs. I'm hoping the double folding doors will make this wide closet more accessible than the one in Brenna's room which only has a narrow door - and lots of wasted space.


Here's the bathroom. It has a wall now and a bathtub! We've done a lot of wondering about why the builders put the toilet so close to the plumbing for the tub - there is just enough room. I'm looking around now for a vanity and sink. I really like this... but $1500.00 (on sale!) is a little out of my price range! I'll have to see what I can come up with...

This is the closet in the small bedroom. I originally didn't want a closet in this room. It's fairly small and I didn't really want to eat up any floor space. Plus I already had the furniture all arranged in my head:) But after discussing it with hubby and my remodeling guru, Meredith, I mentally rearranged things and made space for a closet.

I'm getting very excited about all this. Hubby keeps reminding me that there will probably be very little cash left over for decorating when we get done - I think he's worried I'm getting too carried away:) But I'm hitting the yardsales and planning on having one myself to raise some spending money.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Looking good!

Shannon said...

I can't wait for drywall! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! So much going on! Makes me wanna come live with you! Fun stuff! :)