Monday, February 11, 2008

Perhaps this should've been a big kid only event...

I thought we'd make homemade valentines. Seemed like a simple enough project. I let them eat their valentine candy from Grandma. Oh. My. Word. The control freak in me wanted to hand them each little heart shaped doily and tell them where to put it and how much glue to use, but I'm trying over come that impulse. Mostly because it doesn't work - they're way too fast for me. And that's why some of the valentines Brenna made have candy wrappers glued inside - that's right, empty (possibly licked clean, but I kinda hope not) candy wrappers. They had lots of creative fun - that's what I keep telling myself. Now excuse me, I have some slave driving, um, I mean supervising to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that if I'm getting a Valentine this year - from ANYONE - that it would come with a candy wrapper stuck inside it. :D :D

Anonymous said...

I should clarify - one with the CHOCOLATE STILL STUCK ON IT!!!

Shannon said...

I only wish someone had clarified to Brenna - candy wrapper w/ candy=gift, candy wrapper w/out candy=trash:) But she thought it was so pretty:)