Thursday, February 07, 2008

It's the first ever Fight the Frump Friday!


I'm sitting here at the computer in my black yoga pants and black t-shirt with my really dark brown (when did my hair get so dark?) hair pulled back in a ponytail. Blah. No makeup, no polish, no perfume. Blah. Care to guess how I'm feeling? That's right. Blah. So I've been reading Mrs Fussypants' fabulous blog and waking up to the idea that a) I've gotten frumpy and b) there is something I can do about it. I'm just tickled with her Fight the Frump Friday idea so I'm joining right in.
Now I could use some new clothes, I need to lose weight, and I'm dying to try that new mineral makeup stuff. But yesterday I pulled 14 grey hairs out of my very dark hair so I'm starting at the top with this stuff...in butterscotch boom or full-tilt toffee (who comes up with this stuff?). I use to dye my hair all the time but I haven't done it in ages because, well, because I have four kids and I don't have time. But it only takes 10 minutes and I need to lighten up:) Also, there was a $7.00 off coupon. Just how expensive is this stuff if they're going to take seven bucks off? Whatever. I want to feel pretty:)

14 comments:

Mackenzies Momma said...

I know what you mean about that stuff costing a fortune. The other thing they do is as soon as you find a color you like they either:

A) Discontinue it
B) Change its name
C) Change how it looks
D) All of the above

I had one I liked (light auburn) that i've been using and I got it last time and turned into a darntabbed redhead. it S U C K S.

Anonymous said...

Hair color is so fun!
I am a natural blond (really, I am) but in the winter my hair always needs a pick-me-up. I use Loreal Natural Match. Love it.
My neighbor lady just dyed her hair this awful red shade... and then started wearing green eye shadow. Aaack! Maybe I should introduce her to Fussy....

Mrs. Fussy Fussypants said...

Girlfriend I've been a Nice-N-easy 102a Blonde since I was 14!

Hee, hee.

ps-black yoga pants are so slimming! ;)

Love, Fussy

Joy said...

Hooray for fighting the frump!

Sarah said...

Woo hoo! It's so nice to feel good about yourself; changes your entire attitude, you feel a little taller, a little prettier. It's going to be a great day for you!

Shannon said...

Y'all I already feel better and I haven't even used the stuff yet! I colored my hair all the time in high school and college (I especially loved the redhead years), but it's becoming a neccessity:)

Unknown said...

Hi there. I found your blog through Mrs. Fussypants Fight the Frump, and I must say, I've been using hair color since forever. I can never remember which color I use because they all have fancy smancy names instead of saying dark brown. I have to go by the picture of the girl on the box. It's just an annoyance sometimes but it helps to fight the frump.

Unknown said...

Lighter is always better, as long as it isn't TOO light. We need to stay away from darker hair tones as we age. Not that you're aging. I'm talking to myself here.

Shannon said...

No, Heather - I'm with you. My hair is naturally getting darker the older I get and it just looks too harsh. Even just a smidge lighter will help.

And, BTW, thanks to EVERYBODY for stopping by!

Unknown said...

I have to do this too... when my friends start pointing out the grey it's time, right?

vicvic said...

I haven't dyed my hair since I turned it green...
But I do have it highlighted and she's getting really good at covering my gray spots!

SAHMmy Says said...

Great idea for FtF! I've completely grown out all my highlights and my natural color is mouse brown--Frumpity frump frump frump! Will be bleaching away this weekend!

Amy said...

I could use a color. I'm pretty sure that my temples are getting gray-ish, but I am too scared to examine the area up close.

Texasholly said...

You are a brave girl to try such things on your own. Super cool. I can't wait to hear how it turns out. I always feel better when the grey is gone.