I plan to begin with a few minutes of prayer on my own...probably while I'm getting dressed. Then prayer all together - I think it helps the kids as much as it does me!
I am definitely, like Monica, staying home today. Hopefully, that'll give us all a chance to get caught up. I also plan on starting supper during my morning routine. Supper is probably the worst time of day lately...too much chaos while I try to cook and that spills over well after we all sit down. So today I'm going to make beef stew and bread during the day - no last minute cooking. And I think I will try feeding the baby early so he can just snack with us or maybe even just play with a toy.
And I need to catch up on chores - the laundry and the kitchen especially. But I also want to do something fun with the kids. I'm thinking maybe some apple cider outside and a little extra playtime.
So my plan for the day...
- a peaceful supper, cooked ahead of time
- lots of outside play in the fresh, crisp air
- catch up on the laundry and clean the kitchen
then, as I have time....
- complete our school plans for today (school will get done, but I won't stress if we don't finish every little thing on the plan)
- make a menu for next week and a grocery list (Thur is usually grocery day)
- clear my desk
- do a science experiment with the kids