Monday, October 04, 2010

Making My Home a Haven - Fall Edition

I just love it when Monica starts back up with her Make Your Home a Haven series. It seems to always come along just when my home is getting desperate! Here is Monica's post for this week. She's so encouraging!
My morning got off to an abnormal start since I had to run to the library first thing. Our morning routine got off to a slow start! But the afternoon is going nicely so I'm going to pick up where I am...
The first thing Monica recommended was refreshing our own spirit. My quiet time is usually shared with the kids - I just can't squeeze it in without them right now - and we usually read a Proverb to go with the date. Today, though, we read Psalms 107 along with Monica. The kids focused on the idea that no problem is to big for God, while I thought about the haven He provided.
They were glad when it grew calm,
and He guided them to their desired haven. Psalm 107
Calm in house with 5 little ones is hard to come by...impossible without His help. But with Casey working overtime this week, calm is just what we need.
So I'm spending a bit of time this afternoon on planning my week. For today my main goals are to finish our school work for the day, do two loads of laundry, plan the week and cook a yummy supper of chicken pot pie (x2 to put one in the freezer for another night) and salad.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

A house with kiddos in it is rarely quiet, is it? However whenever I pull out the Bible and begin reading out loud or even singing praise songs makes the household (the kids AND me) calm down.

I'll be checking out the link you gave!

Anonymous said...

While I only have three little blessings, I still understand where you are coming from!

My husband went out of town for business and I have made it my mission to use Monica's party as a means to an end! I really want my husband to return to a home that is peaceful and calm...even with a new baby, preschooler, and kindergartner!

Looking forward to more of Monica's posts and hopefully more of yours as well!

Blessings to you,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to leave you one last comment...I was reading thru some of your more recent posts and see that you have a Luke too! Happy Birthday to your Luke. My little man just turned 9 weeks old and we had a well-baby visit today.

Love the vintage birthday theme...I did the boys' shared bedroom in a vintage toy theme! Wow!

Monica Wilkinson said...

I loved hearing your thoughts for today and from Psalm 107! I hope your day was blessed in your haven for seeking Him!

Blessings,
Monica

Clorissa said...

Sounds like you are well on your way to making your home a haven.

The pot pies sound so good right now!

Blessing to you and your family,
Clorissa