Saturday, February 06, 2010

Making Our Home a Haven, week 3

I didn't do nearly the planning I wanted to do. I plan my day every morning, but this week was just too crazy to get beyond that. I did plan Brenna's tea party (sort of at the last minute, but still) and we're planning one for this Sunday, too.
Monica's challenge for this week is chores and that's definitely something I need to work on. Now that the kids have a working schedule for getting theirs done, it's time for me to get a schedule for mine.
In the morning before school...
  • start laundry - load #1
  • put folded clothes away if I didn't get to it the night before
  • clean kitchen after breakfast
  • check the kids chores

After morning school...

  • switch laundry, start load #2
  • fix lunch
  • clean kitchen after lunch, sweep (teach Levi to sweep!)
  • start supper

After afternoon school...

  • laundry! - bring load #1 upstairs and fold (Brenna helps), put load #2 in the dryer
  • finish supper

After supper...

  • clean kitchen
  • bring up load #2 to fold, then put away

I usually do a big cleanup on Friday morning, but all too often it gets pushed back until Saturday when there are lots of better things to do with our weekend. I think I'll move it to Thursday afternoons and see if that helps.

Now I'm off to catch up on the planning from last week...and the laundry.

2 comments:

bethwarn said...

We are so related! Planning the day is my favorite thing to do in a boring lecture.

Shannon said...

I think you got a double dose of the planning gene:)