Saturday, January 16, 2010

Making Your Home a Haven

I've always enjoyed this series that Monica hosts every so often, but these lovely hydrangeas just called out to me to join in.

We've been focused on school for the last few weeks so the house has had to make do with a lick and a promise. Hopefully over the next few weeks we can turn our comfy, lived in!, home into a true haven.

Here's what I'll work on this week.


  • starting the day with my Bible reading and written prayers. I'm working on reading just one chapter per day from the New Testament.

  • getting the kids back on the chore bandwagon. I've been very lax about reminding them lately and we all know how that works:)

  • cleaning the kitchen every night before bed. Nothing is more depressing than waking up to dirty dishes!

  • making time to blog a bit more often. This blog serves as my only scrapbook for right now and posting about what I've managed to accomplish is a big encouragement.

  • filling in my brand new family Bible - a Christmas present from my grandparents. I'm so excited about writing our family history in the front.

That's enough, I think, to keep me busy for one week.



No comments: