Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Time for Baby

Actually, it's not quite time for baby - I'm only 36 weeks along - but, much like his big brothers, he seems interested in getting to the party already. The doctor started me on Bentyl last week which has all but stopped the contractions without most of the side effects from last time. It does cause insomnia though...just when I need my rest!
Admittedly I'm ready to see this little guy. My friend Claire, who was due on the same day as me, is already getting to hold and play with her new little guy. He was 5lbs and 9 oz born at just 35 weeks! I can't wait to see pictures!!!! (Claire, that's a hint!!!)
I am getting a lot done in these last few weeks. I've finished almost everything on my list from cooking for the freezer (now I just need to organize it!) to packing a hospital bag. I still have a few things to pick up or have delivered (the new carseat for example - hope it makes it on time!), but most of the plans are in place so I can sit back and relax a little:) Perfect timing since Casey's work hours have changed and we're trying to get used to a new schedule.
Well, that's the update. We have lots of other things on the back burner - our homeschool group is taking off and I'm planning a Medieval Times class to teach at our co-op this winter. We're finishing up our first school term for this year - it's gone really well so far but it will be nice to have a little break from planned lessons. I'm also trying to plan field trips for the year and wondering just how much I'll be able to juggle! I guess I'll have to wait and see.....

2 comments:

bethwarn said...

Sissy, I'm taking a social studies in elem. class this semester (i think this comment would have better in the other post...) So when I hear cool ideas about any medieval stuff, I'll pass them on.
I wish I could take off and come see baby Luke when he comes, but I'll have to settle for praying that somebody doesn't hit him in the head with a HotWheels car (I think that happened to Brenna)

I love you!

Shannon said...

Pass them on - I'm not going to do the co-op class until Dec, but we're doing Medieval studies all year for history (Levi's very into Beowulf right now).
I wish you could be here when the baby gets here, too!