Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Mermaid Birthday

What a fun party! Some things got done and some didn't...but everyone (including Mommy) relaxed and had fun so I'm counting it as a total success. And I stayed on budget - less than $30 for everything except gifts.

An ocean cake was blue, green, and purple on the inside. And this recipe for frosting really didn't melt, although it wasn't the yummiest I've ever had.

Brenna helped design her own invitations

We printed a mermaid picture and she colored it with a little help. I scanned them and had them printed (free prints from CVS), then we attached cardstock to make postcards.

No need for planned games. Casey set up sprinklers and kiddie pools...along with water guns and soaker balls, they kept the kids busy for two hours!

Instead of sending the kids home with candy and cheap junky toys, we gave each boy a watergun and each girl got a bubble wand. It may have cost a little bit more, but since we only had a few kids I was happy to skip all that sugar:)

Highlight of the day for me...Casey getting in the kiddie pool to play:)



2 comments:

bethwarn said...

Sissy I'm so inspired by you. I can just see Casey in the kiddie pool! I sent the kids some letters, did you get them? I hoped they would make a cool mini/summer lesson. I love you so much, and I'm sad that I wasn't at the social event of the season!

Shannon said...

The kids did get their letters! They're in the process of writing you back...I wish you could've seen how excited they were! The letters were awsomely cute:)

I'll email you a picture of Casey in the pool - I didn't think he'd appreciate having it posted to the world, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind having his favorite sister-in-law see it:)