I started a list yesterday of things to do/buy/find before this little guy gets here. You would think with baby #5 that I would have everything all ready, but we've gotten to the point where a lot of our baby things are actually worn out!
Here are the necessities I need to have on hand...some I just have to unpack, but some I need to buy. Hopefully I'll have time to find some good deals!
- diapers, 4 packs (these I have already, thanks to Kroger coupons I only paid $1 per pack)
- wet wipes, 2 packs (for newborns I usually use water and old baby washcloths as much as possible so I don't need as many of these)
- new washcloths for baby baths
- nursing pads and nursing bras (at least 2, 3 is better)
- bottles (when Christian was born, I did not have a single bottle in the house...in my defense he was the first baby that I actually needed a bottle for)
- a new carseat (convertible or infant? I still can't decide)
- pack-n-play (I have a cradle that I love for my room, but I want something to keep in the toy room as well. A pack-n-play will also help corral a crawling baby during school time)
- baby swing (we have been through two of these! my kids love them)
- "new" dvds for the big kids, especially for the trips (an hour one way) to and from the hospital
- coloring books, crayons and other activities to keep the kids busy
- snack things that will be easy to grab for me and the kids
- pantry necessities for the first month or two and things that will make housekeeping easier...paper plates, paper towels, laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent, toiletries and TP
Whew! And that's just the stuff to gather! The list to do is even longer so I think Ill make it a separate post. I know (and as my friends say, I speak from experience here!) getting this stuff taken care of now makes bringing a new baby home so much easier!