Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I don't know about y'all but I went to bed pretty disappointed last night. I haven't changed my mind one bit about what I believe is good for our country. But I woke up this morning with a new outlook. God has allowed this for a reason..."For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." (Jer 29:11)... Perhaps God is using this election and this new president to wake up His people. So many of the issues that I disagree with the new president about are Biblical matters...life, marriage, the very role of government. What I feel like this morning is that I've been waiting for a new president to come along and "save" our country - the very thing I've often accused Democrats of doing. Hmmn, humbling, huh? So it's time for me to ask myself what *I* am doing about these issues. Unless peoples' hearts are changed there will be no end to abortion, marriage and family will be redefined, we will continue more and more to rely on our government to do the things we should be doing for ourselves... As Christians we have to be tirelessly doing our part to show others what God's Word says.
With that in mind, I'll be praying for President Obama more than I've ever prayed for any other leader and I'll be praying for new opportunities to share Christ and do His will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon,

I'm so glad you posted this. I wish I had your attitude. I'm trying to encourage myself in the Lord. To tell myself that God is still in control and while I know thats true I woke up feeling defeated and afraid. Your post is so encouraging. You know I read everything you post but this one really blessed me more than any other post you've ever written. Thank you for your optimism and faith. Please pray for me today.I love you and thank God for good friends like you.

Love, Betty

Shannon said...

Oh honey I know just what you mean. I'm just afraid if we give into the discouragement we won't work as hard we should. I will be praying for you:)