I'm already gathering supplies to take to the hospital. There were lots of things I wanted last time that I didn't have (in my defense Jack was early) so I'm trying to remember what I wanted and get it together early this time. Here's a quick list of what I want to take...
- take out menus for a few places around town (once I could eat the hospital food was...less than appealing...and yet I was starving! Everyone kept offerring to go get me something, but I couldn't think of what to send them after!)
- really nice pampering stuff
- my nursing pillow (the hospital pillows shift around so much, but you do not want a baby laying on your tummy after a c-section!)
- chlorophyll - I'm hoping to avoid another transfusion!
- oatmeal raisin cookies - fiber is good
- presents for the big kids when they come to visit - probably little stuff from the dollar store
- a picture of Casey and the kids to keep me company when they're not with me
I'm adding to this all the time (I haven't even gotten to the extremely neccessary stuff yet!), but if anyone thinks of anything I should add - let me know!
In the meantime, I'm off to get everyone ready. I have a doctor's appointment (otherwise known as an hour of peace and quiet) and the kids have a playdate with their two grannies:) That one hour will take about four hours of getting ready/dropping off/traveling time, but, boy, is it worth it!
edited to add (for my own benefit!)