Friday, April 11, 2008

Field Day Is Tough on Babies


Here's a picture of Christian because I can't believe I forgot to take the camera with me to Field Day. We're just getting involved in the homeschool group here in town and so far Levi is really enjoying it. Today was the first really good and hot day - to hot for me and the littles to stand outside and watch, but that was fine with Levi. He made new friends and was fine. It's always me that's a little nervous.
We were all pretty tuckered out when we got home though.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I read your comment on Amy's blog and although you weren't asking my advise, I thought I would share our sports verses church question for our own family.
My girls are now 21, 19, 14 and 10 All saved, thanks to the Good Lord. All homeschooled. We also have two foster boys who go to public school.
We've always made church a priority for our family. I have messed up allot through the years as a Mama but, that is one thing I know I've done right. There are times that I know they wouldn't have gotten the help they needed any where else but church.
We were youth leaders for years, then my husband evangelized for two years. Now he is a pastor. Talk about a hectic life! :0) So, they are closer to church family than blood kin. (Our loved ones are not saved)
I guess my question is, If America is as Christian as folks say, why do they do their organized sports on church night? Won't the coach understand that you can't be there on church night? After all, that alone would be one witness to our Christianity, putting the Kingdom of God first. Just some food for thought. You have a beautiful family and from what I have read, you are doing a fine job as a Mommy. God bless you and yours.

Shannon said...

Teresa - Thank you for the encouragement:) I'm glad you stopped by.