Casey and I have started discussing gift possibilities for the kids so I thought I'd participate today in Melanie's Holiday Shopping Carnival. There are tons of great ideas over there so go check it out when you get a second. I'm extremely concerned about all the toy recalls. Levi had been begging for aquadots - it's scary to think how close I was to buying them, especially considering that Jack puts everything in his mouth. We're joking about buying him groceries for Christmas - the boy loves to eat! Anyway. This is what we're thinking about for our tribe:)
- These blocks look good. My kids love to build stuff so we can't have too many blocks, legos, lincoln logs and knex. My grandpa has a wood working shop - I've actually been thinking about going down there and cutting about a gazillion wooden blocks - ya know, if I knew how to use a circular saw.
- We're also thinking about a table and chairs. It would be great for doing school for right now. The one they use at Sunday School is just the right size.
- Of course books! Here are some to start with...For Brenna, The Hundred Dresses, A is for Annabelle (did I say for Brenna? I meant for me!), and My Mommy, My Teacher. For Levi, Saint George and the Dragon, and If I Built a Car (actually this is perfect for my uncle Butch and Bobby - I know it's a kids book, but they would love it). For Jack, Toddler Prayers.
- DVDs like Letter Factory (Brenna's working on her letters), a ballet class for toddlers, Three Stooges (unless Casey gets it first!) and probably a praise baby dvd or cd - love these and the baby faith dvds.
- we're looking for science kit possibilities for Levi, but I haven't decided about that yet...
I'm actually having a hard time coming up with stuff, mostly because they already have so much and what do they play with? Paper and crayons. Legos. Levi's rockbox (a large sandbox, but filled with peagravel). I do have some not under the tree type gifts like going to see The Nutcracker.