Sunday, September 23, 2007

A big day for homeschool!


We started school pretty early this year because I knew I'd need some time "off" while we all adjusted to having a new baby. While on hiatus, Levi spent a lot of time reading on his own. It finally dawned on me that my boy is reading! Not just the little one sentence per page books - anything he puts his mind to! I wanted to do something special to celebrate - something special that didn't involve going out for ice cream. There's a great new ice cream place close by and we've done a lot (this stuff is good, really good) of rewarding/bonding/celebrating with ice cream lately. So...I took Levi to get his very own library card! He was so excited! I think we'll make it a tradition that as each child learns to read they get their own card. Brenna is already working harder on her letters - if Levi has one, she wants one, too.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

He looks so proud! I can remember getting a library card. Congratualtions to him.

Shannon said...

Shelley - Thanks for stopping by! My first library card was a big deal to me, too, so I'm really excited to have passed that along:)