Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday (again)

Boy this has been a busy week. Everybody has either had a cold or been fighting one (except Jack! don't tell me breastfeeding's not worth it!). We all feel pretty yucky. So here is my health related tip...

When you feel a cold coming on, right away put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in your ears (take turns) and let it bubble. When it stops bubbling, drain your ear and do the next one. If you do it a few times a day you can usually stop a cold in its tracks. I don't know why it works, but it does!

2 comments:

Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

It works for us, too, when I remember it. Top it with Airborne or an echinacea/goldenseal or astragalus supplement, & it's virtually fool-proof. Thanks for the reminder to use it with spring colds!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along, Shannon. Interesting idea--we pass colds around like ping-pong balls around here, so I'll give that a try next time.